- New customizable ribbon toolbar is task-oriented with redesigned, intuitive icons.
- Improved workspaces are tailored for tasks such as HVAC and piping systems in
ready-made formats, which are also highly customizable.
- New application menu helps enable easier access to a list of commands such as
Open, Save, Export and Publish; also use the application menu to access recent
- Gravity based designs for Sanitary Drain, Waste, Vent and Storm/Sewer drainage
systems can now be drawn more easily with the new sloped piping functionality.
- Pipe routing preferences have been expanded to include parts with male and female
More Efficiently Create and Edit Drawings and Drawing Data
- Leverage multiple part catalog support and use individual catalogs for different
material types, allowing for easier part selection.
- Support and migrate existing customized catalogs with tools to redefine the catalog
based content in existing drawings; upgrade and add new parameters automatically.
- Import manufactured building components from Autodesk® Inventor® without
undesirable loss of data.
- Content builder enhancements allow users to create custom parametric parts with
male, female or a combination of both connectors based on real-world piping
- Enhanced integration with Autodesk® Seek web service lets designers search a vast
library of 2D and 3D building products and publish customized designs to the service.
- New part content has been added to help produce construction documents faster.
- Values in the Panel Schedule are automatically updated when regenerating a drawing.
- Improved graphical display of MEP parts provides more accurate representation in
- A new DWG to PDF driver offers merge control for plot colors, the ability to include
layer information and a preview of the plotted PDF.
- AutoCAD MEP 2010 Familiar Environment
Leverage the familiar AutoCAD environment and access all of the commands that you are familiar with from right within AutoCAD MEP.
- AutoCAD MEP 2010 Task-Based
Whether you are a small or a multidisciplinary firm save your unique individual user interface configurations that are tailored around your specific building systems design task.
- AutoCAD MEP 2010 Multidiscipline Coordination
Coordinate mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design the interference detection tools within AutoCAD