General Updates to AutoCAD MEP
The following defects have been fixed in AutoCAD MEP 2010 Update 2:
- Radiator Import may lead to crash during when updating existing drawings.
- Device modify via grip edit doesn't move or maintain its orientation as expected.
- The Add Automatic Property for a Device was not retrieving the Load Category or Number of Poles.
- Opening drawings from previous releases may lead to crash.
- When Rotating Devices with Update 1 installed, the Device annotation is not rotating relative to the offset specified in the block.
- Layer Key Override - Devices with an assigned System Definition that contains a Layer Key Override are appending the initial overrides in the Layer Key Override dialog.
- Haloed or hidden appearance for Plumbing Lines, Schematic lines and Wires do not display correctly.
- Duct Flanges are displayed incorrectly after moving a duct using grips.
- Velocity in Duct Modify does not match the Velocity in the Properties Palette.
- Add Selected does not work correctly when duct height is greater than duct width.
- Takeoff for branch is not sized correctly when duct height is greater than duct width.
- Top and Bottom Elevation are incorrect in tooltip when duct height is greater than duct width.
- Duct Takeoffs may move or become disconnected during Regen Model. Elbow may change elevation when changing parameters values.
- A crash may occur when closing a drawing with an EPD file that has a relative path.
- A crash may occur when converting multiple blocks to Devices.
- Wire will only connect to one connector on some scaled devices.
- Duplicate circuits may be created when copying devices between two drawings.
- Circuit Manager appears to hang in drawings with multiple tabs.
- Wire sizes may not appear in the first time Circuit Manager is activated.
- EPD Relative Pathing may not work on mapped networked drives.
- Exiting AutoCAD MEP with Circuit Manager open may lead to crash.
- Using Block Editor in a Panel Schedule drawing may lead to Circuits losing there name in the Schedule.
- Balloon notifications in Info Center may be blank when Windows 7 theme is set to classic
- Compass repeatly sets Elevation value when Project Navigator is active.
- Opening drawings with large Xreferences may cause AutoCAD MEP to stop responding.
- Closing drawings may not release memory.
- Some linework is missing from certain MvParts.
- Radiator insertion fails, using the window option, if the radiator width or length is located in a basic table.
- Radiator Import does not set property data properly.
- Radiator valves are not aligned to the radiator when inserted using the plus grip.
- The formula for percentage slope by angle is incorrect. Fixing this means that an existing tool in which a specific number for percentage is stored will produce a different slope due to the new calculation.
- Pipe layouts with Very low slope cannot be created correctly.
- The Parallel Pipe command places new pipes on the wrong layer when systems use different layers.
- Some Pipe created in previous versions of AutoCAD MEP snaps to fittings when opened.
- Some fittings accessed thru Runtime catalog may not appear in Routing Preferences.
- Some fittings may not appear correct when accessed thru a runtime catalog.
- Plumbing Line overlapping with Plumbing fitting may lead to crash.
- Changing a Fitting Style on the Properties Palette may lead to the command line style control to not work.
- Selecting a Plumbing Line on Windows 7 operating system may lead to crash.
- Wrong area is calculated in BOM table with OE-NORM if length smaller than 400 and size constant in DACH profile.
- When filleting two schematic lines with schematic symbols, the schematic line end may snap to a schematic symbol.
- When drawing a short schematic line segment from a schematic symbol the schematic line may snap to the schematic symbol.
- Creating a 2D section using large selection set on a 32 bit operating system may lead to crash.
- Dragging a Tool from Content Browser onto a Tool Palette may lead to script error.
- CollisionDetection does not work as expected.
- "Copy to Clipboard failed" dialog will appear when copying an object that has been copy/pasted from another drawing.
- A fatal error will occur when creating an elbow with multiple segments.
- Reloading Xrefs may lead to crash.
General Updates to AutoCAD Architecture
The following AutoCAD Architecture defects have been fixed:
- Multiple overlapping windows may lead to incorrect dimensions.
- AutoCAD Architecture might crash when trying to define a Display Theme style using .NET API.
- When a custom block is applied to a door, window, or door-window assembly, the block will be visible even if it is not within the cut plane range.
- Sometimes, you cannot insert an opening in a wall in a certain cleanup group.
- AutoCAD Architecture may crash when you repath certain projects with no drawings open.
- Renaming items in the Project Navigator, and repathing the project may cause AutoCAD Architecture to crash.
- Export to Autocad sometimes causes AutoCAD Architecture to crash.
- Openings in external references with negative Z value are placed at an incorrect position.
- When you execute UNDO command after binding an external reference, AutoCAD Architecture may become unresponsive.
- AutoCAD Architecture may crash if you unload an external reference, attach it again, and then execute an UNDO.
- Duplicate openings are created in gbXML output when walls are slightly off from being perpendicular to each other.
- Checkboxes are not displayed correctly on the Object Snap tab of the Drafting Settings dialog on Windows 7.
- Slabs may have the wrong elevation when imported from an IFC file due to an incorrect thickness offset.
- Exporting a drawing to IFC may create incorrect IFC GUIDs for AEC objects.
- Importing IFC files that contain certain material settings may crash.
- Space exported to IFC have the IFC type of IFCTYPEOBJECT instead of IFCSPACETYPE.
- When you import an IFC file, containing a space that uses a negative value for extrusion, the extrusion is in the wrong direction.
- Importing an IFC file fails if it contains a 3D vector for True North direction.
- The "New layer from Standard" button doesn't work in localized versions.
- Layer description fields are not automatically populated in all cases.
- When the Layer Properties Manager is open, opening a drawing sometimes causes AutoCAD Architecture to crash.
- When AutoCAD Architecture and Civil 3D are installed side by side, AutoCAD Architecture crashes on executing MVBLOCKADD command.
- Response is very slow when using Dynamic UCS and objects are Isolated.
- Sometimes, it takes a long time to complete an UNDO after a COPY.
- Changing an entry to one that is the first characters of the previous entry will not work in some fields.
- When you save a drawing to a previous version, sometimes, you are not warned about possible data loss.
- Schedules are not sorted as expected when values are a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters.
- Sometimes, schedule table data is not rounded off as specificed in the property data format.
- Some objects imported from Inventor display as points in 2D Sections.
- When a window or door window assembly is sectioned, some linework may be missing in the section.
- Custom block based on 3D Solids using Boolean operations are always placed at the start point.
- AutoCAD Architecture may crash when a spaced update is triggered for a large number of spaces within an external reference.
- AutoCAD Architecture might hang when opening certain drawings that contain modified Wall Endcaps.
- Window openings may not be created due to Wall Plan Modifiers.
- Using Refedit on a block containing Wall Object may cause a crash.
- When working on a project located on a slow network, the wall and curtain wall tools are slow to respond.
- Some walls in an external reference display solution tips when the units of the host drawing are different from that of the external reference.
- AutoCAD Architecture will crash when you delete a component of a wall which is on a locked layer.
- With this update, if you are a subscription customer, a balloon notification periodically displays, letting you know how much time remains before your subscription expires. This notification will only display three times. You can access selected subscription benefits more quickly, without having to log on to the Subscription Center.
- If you meet the online renewal program rules, you can renew your AutoCAD MEP subscription online. If you have already renewed your subscription, or are not a subscription customer, these options are not available.
- In InfoCenter, follow the directions in the alert message that displays.
- In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click Renew Online and follow the directions that display.
- In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click View eLearning Catalog. You will be prompted to sign-in to the Subscription Center.
- You can access some subscription-only learning and technical support without logging onto the Subscription Center. This includes some eLearning lessons.
- When a new Advantage Pack becomes available, a balloon notification and menu option displays. To review and download the Advantage Pack, click the balloon notification or menu option. You must have permission to begin the download. Contract managers and software coordinators can control access to Advantage Packs from Subscription Center > Set Access from Product. Instructions for setting access permissions are provided to contract managers and software coordinators prior to Advantage Pack releases.
The following AutoCAD defects have been fixed:
- If the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, STRETCH does not work as expected on arc segments of polylines.
- When the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, the closing point of a polyline with segments of different widths do not display correctly.
- If you use the JOIN command on splines, a duplicate control point is inserted.
- When you use the JOIN command on multiple polylines, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When drawing a closed heavy weight polyline with different width for each segment, the polyline cannot be closed properly.
- When you open a drawing that contains solids, some solids display briefly and then disappear.
- If a grip on a mesh face, edge, or vertex is highlighted and you use the ViewCube, AutoCAD may become unstable.
3D Navigation Tools
- When you use the 3DORBIT command, you cannot orbit correctly. You can only orbit around a single pivot point and you cannot orbit around a specific object in a large group of objects.
- AutoCAD may become unstable while dragging the cube and releasing the cursor at the top of the canvas.
- An Action Recorder macro created in AutoCAD 2009 may fail to run in AutoCAD 2010.
- When there are xrefs in a drawing, changing annotation scales takes a long time.
- When an annotative style multiline text (mtext) is rotated or surrounded by a hatch, the boundary box does not display correctly.
- Exploding a block using "NetExplode" API modifies the "Global width" property of the polyline.
- When you turn off the display of an attribute with a visibility parameter in a dynamic block, the Enhanced Attribute Editor lists attribute prompts incorrectly.
- You cannot copy an object from an AutoCAD 2009 drawing and paste it as a block into an AutoCAD 2010 drawing.
- You cannot use the Properties palette to set the value of a action parameter to 0.
- When you delete a constraint parameter from a dynamic block, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- You cannot stretch some dynamic blocks as expected.
- When you run spellcheck on uppercase words, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When you save a workspace, if the Enterprise CUIx file is read-only, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- Toolbar flyouts close unexpectedly.
Customer Involvement Program
- AutoCAD may fail to start up on Windows 7 workstations with Windows 2008 Server on the same subnet.
- When you use Data Extraction to extract the value of a block's multiline attribute into a table, text formatting code displays in the table.
- Constrained attribute values may not extract properly based on drawing order.
- When a DGN file is imported, some attributes are missing.
- Restores the ability to use any extension when attaching DGN files.
- DGNIMPORT command with "Ignore all external references" option may not work.
- When you open a drawing, the Invalid signature dialog box may display even if the digital signature is valid.
- You cannot create an angular dimension between two lines in different XY planes.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when stretching multiple dimensions with dimbreaks applied.
- Cyrillic characters in dimension text may cause AutoCAD to incorrectly report that the drawing is corrupt after running RECOVER.
- When the background color in AutoCAD is black, some DWF underlays do not display correctly.
- When opening some DXF Files, you may receive a DXF error.
- When you use the COPYBASE command with Dynamic Input on, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using eTransmit.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when editing height values for arc-aligned text in the Properties Palette.
- When you use the EXPORTLAYOUT command on files in which Standard styles have been renamed, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- You may not be able to bind multiple xrefs that include nested xrefs.
- With the XATTACH command, you cannot select multiple xrefs.
- Xrefs with true color gradients now display properly in 2D graphics modes.
- AutoCAD may display an error message about logic color -5 when attaching an xref.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when binding an xref.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using right-click menu on an xref.
- When you try to open a drawing file from a FTP site, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- After applying Vista SP2 or on Windows 7 it is not possible to double click and open a folder that is using DFS Namespace.
- AutoCAD drawings saved in Vault may not display 2010 properties properly.
- Opening drawing files from older releases of AutoCAD may take a while to open.
- Unable to use asterisk "*" symbol on wildcard searches.
- If you use Find and Replace, autonumbering is deleted.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using older version ".SHX" fonts.
- On the status bar, the model or paperspace button may be missing, even after you have repeatedly turned it on.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when more than one bubble is displayed and then closed.
- When the background color is changed in an active paperspace viewport, the cursor disappears.
- After you plot a drawing in AutoCAD, if you lock Microsoft Windows and then unlock it, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When you turn off the current layer while grip editing a hatch boundary, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When the UCSVP system variable is set to 0, hatched objects align with the WCS rather than the UCS.
- When you grip-edit a hatch with an elliptical boundary, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when double clicking on hatched areas in a drawing.
- When you attach some TIFF images, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- TIFF images may not display correctly.
- Rotating an image with plines may appear to offset from the image.
- AutoCAD session may hang when plotting drawings with rotated Mr SID images attached.
- Balloon notification in InfoCenter is blank when Windows 7 display Theme is set to Classic.
- The AREA command fails on some polylines.
- When temporary overrides are enabled, keyboard input using the Shift key may not display on the command line.
- Xrefs on locked layers do not display faded as expected. The LAYLOCKFADECTL system variable fails to alter them.
- When you delete a certain layer, all layers may be deleted.
- On the ribbon, the Layer drop-down does not display layers based on the current layer filter.
- Layer groups may not remain deleted after reopening the Layer Manager.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when switching layouts if the Layer Description column is frozen.
- Objects on "layer 0" in an external reference do not display when the layer is turned on from the current drawing.
- When you set your system time back more than 2 days, your license is broken.
- When you use a proxy server for Internet access, the License Transfer Utility fails.
- Some of the linetypes with text do not display correctly.
- When you have Autodesk 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 installed side-by-side, LiveUpdate does not work in AutoCAD 2009.
- When you use the MEASUREGEOM command, the tooltip and command line results are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you use the DIST command in model space, the results at the tooltip and the command line are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you export certain profiles, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When you save certain profiles migrated from AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010 may become unstable.
- When you mirror mleaders that contain blocks with multiline attributes, the mirrored attributes are incorrectly justified.
- AutoCAD can be slow when updating OLE objects in Microsoft Word 2007.
- "Paste to Original Coordinates" is disabled in right-click context menu after copying objects from another open drawing.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when pasting drawing files into Microsoft Word.
- Gizmo may not display while in 3D Orbit.
- 64-bit AutoCAD may become unstable when using PRESSPULL on mesh object.
- When you plot a drawing as a PDF file, the layer order is not alphabetized as expected.
- When a drawing that contains layers with names that include special characters is exported as a PDF, it cannot be opened.
- When you attach a large PDF file to your drawing, or try to attach it and then cancel the operation, performance is slow.
- AutoCAD may hang when plotting large images to PDF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Property Palette.
- When Windows XP is set to Windows Classic theme, on any Asian language version of AutoCAD 2010, if you use the PUBLISH command, AutoCAD freezes.
- On Windows Vista, in the Purge dialog box, when you attempt to use the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple items, the first highlighted item is de-selected.
- Opening a linked drawing from a Microsoft Office product may cause the Quick Access Toolbar to no longer display.
- Calculations performed by the QUICKCALC command may be incorrect.
- When you use the RECOVER command on an AutoCAD 2000 formatted drawing file, polylines and splines in the drawing are deleted.
- Opening drawings with dense hatch appear to hang at 31%.
- Some older drawings containing 3DSOLIDS do not display.
- When you use the REFSET command, you can only add one instance of a block to the reference set. Other instances are rejected and an error message displays.
- Text styles from an attached xref display in the Ribbon text style control.
- When you switch between AutoCAD Classic and other workspaces (for example, 2D Drafting & Annotation or 3D Modeling), performance becomes slow.
- Layers with a VP Freeze for a viewport indicate the VP Freeze status even when the viewport is not active.
- When you click the File menu in the zero doc state, AutoCAD freezes.
- After you unload a partial CUI file, a tab remains on the ribbon. If you click the tab, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when switching to the Render tab of the Ribbon when .NET 4 is on the system.
- Legacy menu bar may display over the Ribbon when AutoCAD is not responding while opening large drawings.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using Clipping Boundary control in the Ribbon.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when dragging a Ribbon Panel on Windows 7 64-bit operating system.
- When you section solids through API, multiple memory leaks occur.
- SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK may not work correctly when the sectionplane is not intersecting an object.
- After using the command SECTIONPLANE AutoCAD may become unstable.
- SECTIONPLANE may not display all cutaway geometry.
- The SHAREWITHSEEK command may not work if the port used to communicate with Seek is blocked by a firewall.
- When you snap to the grid, there may be a slight offset from the grid.
- Bigfont may not be converted properly when saving a DWG to 2004 file format.
- May not be able to restore minimized AutoCAD with VBA loaded.
- When you use the CECOLOR system variable, the value returned by using the Getvar function is incorrect.
- LISP incorrectly converts some Japanese characters to CIF.