You noticed that menus available in the AutoCAD user interface, such as the Viewport or Dimension menu, are not available in the AutoCAD MEP user interface, and you want to add them.
You need to transfer the AutoCAD menu items from the acad.cui file to the abs.cui file. Follow these steps:
- Right-click any of the toolbars. Click Customize.
- Expand the Customize User Interface dialog box by clicking the arrow located in the lower-right corner of the dialog box.
- Click the Transfer tab.
Note that there are now two panels in the Customize User Interface dialog box: a left panel, "Customizations in Main CUI," which contains the settings for the current user interface, and a right panel, "Customization in New CUI File," which can be used to load external CUI files.
- Click New CUI file menu > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the following file:
- On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\
\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-MEP 2008\enu\Support
- On Windows Vista:
If you want to change the order in which menus are displayed in AutoCAD MEP
- Click the Customize tab.
- Select the Current workspace and click Customize Workspace.
- In the Workspace Contents panel, expand the Menus items that are not highlighted in blue.
- Drag the Dimensions menu, currently at the bottom of the list, to the desired location between the other menu items.
- Click Done.
- Click OK.
These changes are stored in the current workspaces and saved in the Main Customization file, which for a default installation of AutoCAD Architecture is
If you want to use this customized configuration on another computer, replace the Main Customization file on the target computer with the customized one.