As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed in the following areas:
AutoCAD MEP 2008
- Content Builder
- Display System
- Grip editing
- Hidden Lines
- Multi-view Parts
- Schematic Lines
AutoCAD MEP Updates -Changes include the following:
- Devices and Panels with an model representation will be detected by Interference Detection if they collide with other MEP objects.
- The system filter for the Circuits property during WireAdd will update correctly.
- The connection a wire with a circuit assigned has with a device will be maintained after using the Publish command.
- CER: Changing the connection types on a duct fitting to a flanged connection type no longer causes a fatal error.
- Flanges are now displayed on duct fittings within a model view, when the flange values are specified on the duct fittings.
- Duct fittings endcap snaps to the open end of vertical or sloped duct segments properly.
- Pipe segments copied from one pipe run to another pipe run will align properly to the new pipe run.
- Using AecConvertto3dSolid command will convert pipe fittings more successfully to 3d Solids.
- Auto-Routing pipe between two pipe connectors with an elbow using custom sizing will add the needed angle to the part to resolve the connection in the current drawing.
- When a single line pipe is being crossed multiple times by another AutoCAD MEP object at a different elevation, the hidden line gap is properly applied to the pipe.
- Plumbing Lines and Plumbing Fittings will continue to obey Annotation Scale after changing the drawing units and cancel the Drawing Setup dialog.
- CER: Performing a Fillet or Join on schematic lines with schematic symbols anchored to them no longer causes a fatal error.
- Etransmit will no longer enter an infinite loop of prompting to save the drawing.
- CER: Grip editing the location of MEP objects with various setting combinations of Object Snaps, Snap, Ortho, Polar, Dynamic UCS and Dynamic Input settings will no longer cause a fatal error.
- CER: Erasing an inline MvPart will no longer cause a fatal error.
- CER: The adding of automatic properties to a Property Set Definition that is generated automatically when objects are added to the drawing will no longer cause a fatal error.
- Switching to the Extended Data tab in the Properties Palette with AutoCAD objects selected will no longer cause Resource Manager errors.
- CER: Part Catalogs containing the “’” symbol will no longer cause a fatal error during Catalogtest.
- CER: Saving of concurrently open drawing which contain annotative dimensions no longer cause a fatal error within Content Builder.
- CER: Parametric parts which produce an invalid solid will no longer cause a fatal error. Instead the erroneous solid will not be displayed.
AutoCAD Architecture Updates -Changes include the following:
- Adding batting insulation with the same start and end point no longer causes a crash.
- AEC dimension component override locations no longer reposition when opened in AutoCAD Architecture 2008.
- AEC dimensions to curtain walls now respond predictably.
- Multiple instances of dimension text are no longer move with selected text.
- When a custom scale does not exist in the host drawing, but does in an xref, it is only imported once into the host drawing.
- CER: Producing a view from a camera snapped to geometry no longer causes a fatal error.
- CER: Adjusting a camera view in a maximized viewport no longer causes a fatal error.
- CER: Resuming a DesignCenter insertion after starting a second command no longer causes a crash.
- Dragging and dropping AEC Content from the DesignCenter to an active model space viewport in paper space now works.
- Sheets in a project can now be plotted simultaneously from multiple workstations.
- Migrating non-English projects from versions previous to AutoCAD Architecture 2008 will no longer be repathed into empty folders.
- Maximum project category path length in AutoCAD Architecture 2008 is now around 248 characters.
- CER: Fatal errors no longer occur when browsing in the Project Browser, typically with slow server connections.
Export to AutoCAD
- CER: When exporting to AutoCAD, typically with eTransmit, fatal errors no longer occur.
- IFCImport and IFCExport are now fully Ifc2x3 Certified.
- Roof Slabs are now imported with the correct style.
- Memory management enhancements now reduce memory consumption and large file import crash potential.
- Fixed error in area and volume conversion
- IFCImport and IFCExport now handle file geometry flaws better, particularly malformed
- IFC entities from non-certified programs. In order to limit data loss, it is recommended that only certified programs be used to create IFC files.
- In accordance with revised certification requirements, IFCImport and IFCExport feature improved retention of entity color settings.
- Performance has been improved for installations of AutoCAD Architecture 2008 on Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Object GUID creation has been to meet certification requirements.
- Style and MVBlock names are now numbered sequentially.
- When importing a TEKLA user model, structural members are now created.
- CER: Opening a DXF file that contains a sheet keynotes legend no longer causes a crash.
- The Center option now works when tagging entities in xrefs that are not inserted at 0,0,0.
- Can now Edit Table Cell in a schedule table when the table contains a formula column.
- Tags no longer change location when associated spaces are updated.
- CER: Importing an AutoCAD Architecture 2008 drawing in Revit Structure with AutoCAD 2006 DWG TrueView installed no longer causes a crash.
- Space evaluation now resolves through xrefs without zones.
- CER: Random crashes after space evaluation no longer occur.
- The Override Display Configuration Cut Plane option for Structural Members is now respected.
- Selecting a wall with a custom display representation no longer causes a crash.
- CER: Binding an xref that contains a wall no longer causes a fatal error.
- CER: Opening drawings with certain entity configurations no longer results in a Fatal Error.
AutoCAD Updates - Other changes include the following:
- ObjectID.Open no longer causes a crash
- Removing a handler from Database.ObjectAppended then firing the event now generates an error message
- vl-arx-import now functions for namespaces separate from VLX
- i-Drop is operating correctly
- When dragging and dropping a named view from the style sheet manager to the host drawing, the annotation scaling features work properly
- Custom scales which exist in the nested xrefs are no longer duplicated in the host drawing
- Blocks in the Tool Palettes created from the DesignCenter annotative drawings are now annotative
- Multiline attributes no longer shift positions every time drawings are saved and opened
- The Value field for an attribute definition may now be modified in the Property Palette
- The Y-scale factor of inserted blocks is now scaled accurately
- The Communication Center is now enabled by default.
- The dashboard panel configuration is now maintained throughout different workspaces and user sessions
- All dynamic block properties are now correctly extracted
- Radial extension arcs may now be disabled, restoring the ability to dimension small radii
- The In-Place dimension text editor size is now correct
- Round-off dimension values now appear correctly
- Dimension breaks no longer cause AutoCAD to hang
- Linetypes now always display properly after zooming operations
- Copy/paste now works in the drawings saved as 2000 and then resaved in AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD 2005, or AutoCAD 2006
- AutoCAD 2000 and Release 14 file formats are preserved while using ETRANSMIT with the "Keep existing drawing file formats" setting enabled
- Drawing name field now always plots correctly
- The BHATCH command boundary detection mechanism has been improved
- Image frames are no longer plotted or displayed when IMAGEFRAME is set to 0
- The ampersand character ("&") may now be entered on the Layout tab
- The location of attributes in multileader block is no longer off-center
- Multileader text no longer unexpectedly rotates
- Multileader attributes are no longer off-center in a rotated UCS
- MText tabs are now saved correctly to the older DWG formats
- Certain Japanese characters are displayed correctly
- Portuguese (Iberian and Brazilian) dictionaries now have accented capital letters
- If multiple drawings are opened in Explorer, only a single instance of AutoCAD containing those drawings will launch
- Object snaps now work correctly in blocks
- Raster images now plot correctly to PDF
- If there are no new drivers, the "New Driver" bubble does not appear
- Plotting performance of rotated MrSID images is improved
- Data linked cell formatting is now correct
- Excel formatting is kept when the paste special (PASTESPEC) command is used
- Icons are no longer truncated
- Erroneous lines and display artifacts no longer show up after multiple zooming operations
- Drawings with long reference paths are referenced properly
Known Issues With This Service Pack
- Problem: After applying the Service Pack 1, all dashboard control panels are displayed regardless of the selected workspace.
- Workaround: Make the desired workspace current.